The Ultimate guide for beginners to make organic baby food. Fast, easy, fresh baby food. You will be providing the best for your baby at a lower cost to you! Find out How with the guide from Little Hat Family.
I believe treasuring every moment as a parent also means giving them the best! For me, this includes making organic baby food. As a professional nanny, I have been making organic baby food for years! Now the proud mama to my baby, Harrison. I am so blessed to be able to make organic baby food for Harry. Organic baby food is a much healthier option for your baby and you will also SAVE so much money! Buying each individual jar or pouch of baby food gets expensive. Having control over your baby’s diet is also a huge benefit for little ones with possible food allergies! AND the big surprise is: It is not as hard as you may think!
This is your Organic Baby Food Ultimate Guide: The absolute easiest method for how to make a 1-month supply of baby food. FRESH Organic Baby Food you can freeze, store & pull out to use as needed!!
This organic baby food guide will make the process so easy for you! I will lay out the easy prep & cooking directions, and you will have organic orange & green ice cube trays before you know it! It will be made from love AND you will save so much money!!
When my dad was over a few weeks ago visiting us- he pulled out the tray of light green baby food cubes I had made that morning, and promptly said: “Do you have any non-green ice cubes in this house?” Ha ha ha. NO! 🙂
What You’ll Need to make Organic Baby Food:
- 4-6 ice cube trays (empty & clean)
- Organic veggies & fruits of choice
- baby bullet or blender
- large pot to boil veggies
- storage containers/ baggies
- knife & peeler
- empty & wash your ice cube trays
- boil water in large pot
- peel & dice your veggies & fruits of choice
Organic Baby Food Total Time: With prep & Cooking is less than 1 hour!
Don’t for get to Pin this for Later! & Connect with us on Pinterest!
EASY Directions for your Organic Baby Food:
- Once water has come to a boil, put in your diced vegetables. My preference is: 2-3 large organic sweet potatoes, or 6-8 large carrots.
- Let your vegetable simmer for approx 20-25 minutes; until very soft.
- Turn off pot on stove. Let it cool in the water. Do not drain.
- After they have cooled for approx. 30 minutes, empty the vegetables with the water into your baby bullet or blender. You may need to do this in batches. You want to utilize the water that the vegetables cooked in – that is where the nutrients are. Blend on high until smooth consistency. You may need to add more water.
- Lay out ice cube trays on the counter, pour the blended baby food into ice cube trays evenly. This may take 4-6 trays for 1 batch of food.
- Place the ice cube trays into the freezer on a flat surface. Freeze for at least 4 hours. I prefer to freeze overnight.
- After they are frozen solid, crack the ice cube trays and empty into a storage container of your choice. I like to label & date each container.
- Each batch should be plenty of one food option for your kiddo for 1-month! (My tip is to make multiple foods at the same time).
Freeze & Store:
Once your baby food is made, FREEZING & storing it is the key to having a 1-month supply of baby food on hand! You can take out cubes as needed, per feeding. I take out the frozen food cubes about 20-30 minutes, to thaw in a bowl before Harry will eat. I prefer not to microwave them: to maintain the nutrients & integrity of the Organic food.
This prep & store technique also assists so much with traveling! These baby meals are all prepared ahead of time, (once a month- how easy!) in bulk, and will travel extremely well!
Organic Baby Food Meals:
Feel free to mix & match fruits, veggies & flavor combos! I like to give Harry 2 cubes of sweet potato with 1 cube of pear+avocado… “Pearvacado!!” (This contains cooked pear: per boiling instructions, combined with raw smashed avocado). He also loves a carrot+green bean combo!
You can experiment with flavor combos! See what your baby enjoys. Don’t get discouraged! Even if baby doesn’t like it one day- the next he may! Babies tastes are developping, and can be fickle. Here is a great list of healthy foods to explore: organic peas, beans, corn, spinach, broccoli, squash, pumpkin, zucchini, chickpeas, yams, jicama, maybe even boiled & purée chicken, tofu, apples, peaches, smashed banana… anything you want your baby to try!
Making your own organic baby food is so much easier than you think! You will also save money vs. buying individual jars or pouches of food. And why not have some on hand for every meal!
I hope this guide was helpful for you. Making your own organic baby food is easy and you will save on your budget! Thank you for stopping by today! So glad to have you here, friend!
You may also Like these top posts from Little hat Family:
Grab your helpful mommy goodies & run your household like a boss!
Grab your Freebie Budget Sheet, Start Organizing your Money now!
Hi, I am Kelly! Creator and administrator of Little Hat Family, I absolutely adore my squishy, smiley, 10-month old son, Harrison (Harry), and my kind and cooperative husband Stefan. Our little millennial, hipster family lives in Chicago and yes, we do love hats!
As a professional nanny for 11 years in Chicago, and now a new mommy myself, I have picked up so much useful, modern, mommy advice and life hacks! I would love to pay it forward to my fellow mommy tribe!
I also love creating thrifty projects, organization, an organic lifestyle, dancing, blogging, cooking and spending time with our large families!
I absorb every drop of Mama advice I can get; and I’ve created some Modern Motherly advice along the way! We Modern Mommies have to stick together! Subscribe to my blog today, and let’s connect our Modern, Family Tribes! ~Kelly